My Someday Dreams
I want to travel around the world someday. Not all at once, but a little bit every year or two. I want to spend two weeks in Italy one summer, exploring the Tuscan countryside and learning the basic language. I want to jump off a cliff in Greece after hiking to the top of a mountain village. I want to climb the ruins of Machu Pichu, and read hieroglyphics drawn by an ancient hand. I want to paddle board around an island and spend an entire day on the sands of an ocean that's impossibly blue.
I want to write things. It doesn't have to be Best Seller-worthy, but something that gets published. Something that's fictional and came from my own creation. I want to sing a song, in public, that I composed, that people hum as they leave the venue. Even if it's only one night that I would play it or I only played it for one special occasion, I want people to remember it and have it move them. I would like to say something so profound to a friend of mine that they write it down. And long after we've gone our separate ways, they share it with someone they love. And it continues for years, until one day, as I walk past a store window or a billboard, I look out and see that phrase with "-Anonymous" written beneath it.
I want love and adventure. I never want my life to get boring. I want there to always be people in my life that make my heart sing and keep me from 'settling down'. I never want to stop living life. I want to take it on and do things with it. I want there do constantly be moments where I'm forced out of my comfort zone and I fall time after time, and that I never stop... living. I want my life to be full. And completely simple. It can be complex, but never complicated. Just whatever it's going to be, it will be. I'll guide it toward my goals and what's best for those around me, but I'll take it all in stride and just keep going.
I want to be free. I don't want to be afraid any longer. It's hard to set someone you love free; harder yet to free yourself. I want to be free.
Someday, I want to be like my mom. I want to be real and honest like Shannon. I want to be fearless and fun like Lincoln. I want to be free and adventurous like Pollie. And most of all I want to love fully like Kaylee :)
You're off to a great start. I'm the Founder of mySomeday.com and I thought I'd encourage you to consider putting this list on our site. We enable people to break down big goals into plans with sets of small, actionable steps so you can track your progress, set deadlines and learn from others. If you don't have a plan you can always copy another user's plan. Here are some plans that might be of interest to you.
ReplyDeleteBe A Working Musician - http://bit.ly/b7MiBv
Travel the World - http://bit.ly/g9c4Zt
Whatever you decide, best of luck in converting these dreams into reality.
JAS
Thought this might tour of Tuscany might also inspire you.
ReplyDeleteConsume My Way Through Italy - http://bit.ly/bTOtBb