Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finding strength through the people you love and who guide you through life

Days like this are still hard for me to get used to, but with what I learned from the incredible people in my life last year, it just keeps getting easier to cope and remember that it's really not that bad; that Heavenly Father works with us through our struggles and trials.  For the people I tagged in this post: I just wanted you to read the bottom of the page.  The videos aren't important, just illustrating my emotions.  You know me: all emotion :-P

This is how my day started:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C8e7nNLZNs (sweet disposition, temper trap)

Got through the first part of the day and it became:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjPrdTNxQ0 (the scientist, coldplay)

Went through a substance abuse lecture in my AbPsych class, and silently relived every hellish moment :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnykIpoPrrA (prayer, disturbed)

Reverted to the worst attitude possible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ekz_CSBVg (i hate everything about you, three days grace)

Fought to catch my breath, not breakdown under memories, and let it go again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDmnG9uTEfk (breathe in, breathe out,  mat kearney)

Am now fighting to keep a positive perspective:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTlw_ZV2fIU (forget and not slow down, relient k)


Thank you Mom, Dad, Brittney, Ricky, Kayli and your families, Wesley, and Pollie for helping me get through the hardest part of my life so far.  I know I would have had a much weaker character and let myself get lost in the mess and give up if it hadn't been for all of you.  Mom gave me a reason to be a good person, Dad gave me the motivation, Ricky & Kayli (& families) gave me the knowledge of how and the opportunity to do it, and Brittney, Wes, and Pollie: you were the safety and backbone I needed to stand up for/against life in general.  Thank you so much for being such an amazing support system.  I owe you ALL a lot.

1 comment: