Friday, September 24, 2010
My Sick Day Testimonial
I went to get ice cream last night with my friend Kyle, and came home all stoked for going to True Aggie Night. It felt so much like a Friday night that I stayed up till 11:30 (wow, now that's late...). I decided to play Porter's guitar for a while to practice my song he's helping me transpose, but everyone started going to bed. So I packed it all up, and crawled into bed. At 3:30 this morning, I ran into the bathroom knowing it wasn't really a matter of if, but when I would get sick. The problem is that I'm having a wisdom tooth grow in crooked right now, so any real movement in my jaw causes severe pain. Eating a banana makes me burst into tears... So I was terrified that it was going to make me scream in pain, and I really didn't want to have to deal with it. So, in the bathroom, I knelt down on the cold floor, bawling like a baby, and prayed for Him to help me get through my sickness without throwing up. I was panicking. And I heard a subtle voice whisper more clearly than I had before, "Ask in faith." So, I calmed down, stayed on my knees, and asked Him quietly for help. I stayed there and asked myself, "Do you have enough faith? Do you really believe He can do this?" And I knew I did (that's a new experience). And I finished my prayer in Jesus' name, and said Amen. On the sound of 'n', I felt this warm, soothing peace. I stopped crying right away, I stood up calmly, and waited. I ended up falling asleep on the bathroom floor, clutching my stomach, and felt the pangs of fear and grabbed my little 'bucket' for the rest of the morning. But every time I felt fear and itched toward the 'porcelain god', I remembered that I just had to have faith for His help to work. And it did. I never once threw up all morning. It's a pretty graphic story, but God answered a VERY heartfelt prayer of mine, and I felt like sharing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment