It's weird when you realize how big of an idiot you can be. When you see your previous perspective was pretty skewed. You'll see things in a completely different light, and you can still feel the old perspective in the background but the new one reminds you not to be too hasty in your judgements.
And judgement in general sucks. I've always 'hated' judgemental people, and finding out you are one is a big surprise. I'm not going to use this space to share anything negative again. I've learned something very important about conduct, and I'm determined to never make that same mistake again. They say the higher your pride, the harder your fall, but never has THAT phrase rang so true. I'm still me, with all my flaws, and I'm not about to pretend that they're miraculously gone because I suddenly became aware of them. I'm just saying that there are new flaws I'm aware of, and that I'm working on.
Grateful for Today:
I have a great friend who is sharing their music with me.
The sun shone all day long.
I improved on my mile-running time, and feel better about myself.
I realized I have good friends in every class.
Progress is inevitable.
There's a pot-roast I'm cooking in the crock pot that will be done late tonight, just in time for all my roommates to come home and have a little piece of 'peace-offering'.
I'm learning so much in this time of preparation, and it's all due to those who love and those who share my life.
The library is a great place to get away and just get stuff done.
My cell phone is coming today.
My mom loves me so much :) That's the thing I'm most grateful for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment