I think I just moved on from my life in Utah. I'm completely in love with my famly and I am having the best time being here in Iowa. I miss my friends but it's not an all-consuming sadness the way it was before. I just looked through a couple pictures of the people who mattered the most to me, and I realized that I'm ok. That I'm fine with meeting new people and making new friends. That by moving on, I'm not turning my back on them, and I don't have to say goodbye for forever. That's how it used to be when I was a child, before I could afford plane tickets and there was Facebook. Now, I feel connected and as if life is going to be not just ok, but great. I feel like I'm going to great things! I had coffee/tea with a really inspiring person last night, on his way to doing something that makes him really happy. It was so refreshing to talk and share and be with a person who doesn't know every detail about you, but still accepts you just for who you are. And who can seem to see and appreciate your value as an individual, and not demand you to be a cookie-cutter prototype. Even if years from now I've changed my path to return to where I was once heading, I know that I will never regret this time in my life. I can't imagine having to apologize for this. It's too freeing, too satisfying, too joyful to ever be sorry for. I can literally do
~~Whatever I Want!~~
I will never be sorry for this; I will never be sorry for being honest with myself and appreciating who I am. I will never apologize for doing something good for myself no matter how many people will shun me or be disappointed in me. This is me. I am not vanilla. I am colorful, and moody, and happy, and awkward, and nervous, and silly, and immature, and great! I'm just me :D
No comments:
Post a Comment