Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ireland, Robert Pattinson, Voting, Family and Music

I’m thinking about Ireland.  Lol, that sounds so final.  By ‘thinking’ I mean, sort of realizing there’s a country not on this continent that I could live in, and “Huh, Ireland is green and rainy with really nice people. So why not?”  Where I live doesn’t actually have to be in Seattle, Vancouver, or Portland.  I mean, they’re places I want to see and still contemplate inhabiting, but I realized there are other places I could be happy too; outside of America.  I’ve never sincerely imagined living anywhere besides America, but I really like the idea of going somewhere amazing to live.  The history is millenia-long, the culture is so rich and family-based.  It's like the old-timey feel of the small towns here without the ignorance of the American culture.  The cliffs, rain, weather, history and green everywhere makes me fall in love with the idea more and more.  I don’t know if I’ll ever actually decide to live in Europe or Canada, or some brilliant green island in the middle of nowhere, but these are just my musings.  :) 
I know I missed the whole 'Robert-Pattinson-Twilight-Fan Craze', but he's really cool.  Haha, yeah, I know; I can't believe I'm even talking about this either, but he seems like a really great kind of guy.  I would LOVE to hang out with him for a day.  He's a great actor and an AMAZING musician.  To talk about his music and what kind of things he looks for when he decides on which characters to portray would be a dream come true.  Like, why pick the Twilight guy?  I mean, as great as the books were (yes, I read them :), his acting seems on a much higher plane than that (i.e. Water for Elephants : wow.).  If they actually did those "Win a Date With Tad Hamilton" things, and did it for him, I would undoubtedly sign up for it.  And not just because he's the definition of handsome, but because he would be the coolest friend to have.  It would be so great just to get to know him as a person and not a celebrity/fame-figure, you know?  Haha, anyway. If there's anyone out there with pull regarding Robert's schedule, I'll meet him in NYC or London just to hang out for an afternoon ;) 
*WARNING: This is why I NEVER talk politics... Venting iminent; negativity= no thank you :) *

I’m so glad to finally live somewhere where my political vote actually counts for something (i.e. Iowa and not Utah).  But I have to listen to every jackass candidate running for office spew their bullshit platforms every commercial break.  The latest from the “Fool of Texas” (Rick Perry), is about how awful it is that our nation lets gay people in the army but won't let children pray or share religion in school.  How in the hell are the two even related?!?  Don't get me wrong: I’m all for free speech/religion wherever you are, school or otherwise.  But that has nothing to do with gay people in the army.  Am I wrong?  Is there some inexplicable connection between a child not saying “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance and a man getting busy with his bunkmate boyfriend in the middle of Iraq?  I don’t know; maybe that’s overtly offensive, but it’s not meant that way.  I just don’t understand what the hell they have to do with each other, and why he thinks pandering to people like that is helpful to his campaign.  Or that it makes him seem a credible candidate for the presidency…. Ass.   And I heard (word of mouth) about Newt Gingrich's plan for abolishing child labor laws to turn inner-city children into factory workers as a means of 'keeping them out of gangs and from prostituting." (?????)  Is stating my opinion on it even necessary?  I mean, obviously I think it's a barbaric crock of shit, so I guess not.  But I digress :P
I love my nieces; they are the craziest little girls in the whole world.  Every day they do something new that makes me burst out in laughter.  Yesterday they were riding the pillows from off my bed around the house, pretending they were "driving".  Lilly trips over her tiny feet and, thank goodness, lands face-first on the pillow.  Kaylee topples over onto her pillow, howling with laughter, and screams, “Aunt Tiffy!  Lilly pushed the 'fall-down button'!”  I have absolutely no idea where she came up with that, but it just made me belly laugh.  It seems like the only people who really make me genuinely belly laugh are Johnny, Mom, and Kaylee.  Sometimes Lilly and my dad do things that make me bust out laughing, but the people who really know me and see me clearly are the ones who really get me and know what makes me smile. 
Artists/Bands I could listen to forever:
Priscilla Ahn
Snow Patrol
Adele
Rosi Golan
Ray Lamontagne
Bon Iver
Hurts to Purr
Regina Spektor
Mountain Man
Fleet Foxes
Garrett Hedlund
Breaking Benjamin
Ingrid Michaelson
Ben Folds
The Killers
Cake
And you can't forget Robert Pattinson :D

"If music was a love language, it would be mine."  -me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment